In order to enjoy your deck 24/7, you’ll obviously need to have good lighting. While summer days are pretty long and the party doesn’t have to end as soon as the sun starts to go down, it’s not too much fun to just sit in the dark outside. You’ll have to install proper outdoor lighting to keep hanging out on the deck until it’s time to go to bed. However, the same lights that you put up inside your house won’t work for lighting your deck. You need to buy the right deck light fixtures to get the most out of your time on your deck. Let’s take a look at some
of the fixture options available to you:
- Light fixtures that are durable: The first thing you need to look for when you’re buying deck light fixtures is ensuring that they are durable enough to survive harsh winters and hold up during heavy rain storms. You’ll find that all of our post cap lights are very thick, so they’re able to hold up through any type of nasty weather. They’re also stylish, which is a good thing, because all light fixtures ought to look nice.
- Light fixtures with multiple styles: Not all decks look the same. They’re shaped differently, they’re stained differently and they can even be made out of a variety of different materials. Because every deck is different, we offer a variety of different deck light fixtures that can fit the color scheme and styles of any deck.
- Light fixtures that provide safety: There’s nothing worse than inviting people over for a night on your deck and having someone trip on a step because they couldn’t see where they were going. We sell a variety of different lights that attach to your steps, which will allow you and your guests to walk around safely.
- Light fixtures that set the mood: You can buy tons of different light fixtures that meet all the criteria above. But the type of light those fixtures emit won’t set the relaxing mood you’re aiming for out on your deck. Buy fixtures that’ll blend in well with your deck and also set an ambient mood.
- Light fixtures to see what you’re doing: Now that you’ve established the perfect mood on your deck and everyone can see where they’re walking, you’ve got to figure out what you’re going to do out on the deck. If you’re planning on just lounging around, you don’t need a whole lot of extra lighting—just enough to see the people around you and to make sure there aren’t any bugs in your drink! On the other hand, if you’re planning on grilling out, you’ll need to see exactly what you’re doing so you don’t burn yourself or overcook the meat. Luckily, we sell multiple small lights that clip right onto your grill.
Now that you know what to look for in deck light fixtures, visit the Moonlight Decks LLC showroom in Overland Park, KS to find out how we can get your deck ready for nighttime relaxation.